Planning and Development

The Tasmanian Planning System

The Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 provides the framework for planning in Tasmania.

For more information about the Tasmanian planning system, visit the Planning Reform Website here.

Planning Scheme 

Tasmania Planning Scheme
The Tasmanian Planning Scheme, including the West Tamar Local Provisions Schedule, is now effective in the municipality. Further information about the introduction of the Tasmanian Planning Scheme is available here.

West Tamar Interim Planning Scheme 2013
The Interim Planning Scheme is superseded by the Tasmanian Planning Scheme.  Further information and links to the Interim Planning Scheme are available here.

Planning applications
Information about how to make a planning application is available here.

Planning applications that are currently being advertised are available to view here.

Information about how to make a representation about a planning application is available here.

Planning enquiries
Information about making a planning enquiry is available here.

Planning - Forms and Information

Planning Application Checklist.pdf
Notice of Election for a Court Hearing
Election Signage in the West Tamar

Scroll Top