Water Carriers

A Water Carrier supplies and transports drinking water in bulk (other than pre-packaged drinking water or packaged ice) in a tank. This is whether or not for fee or reward. A Water Carrier must be registered in the local Council where they store the majority of their vehicles.

A recent change to legislation now requires Water Carriers to be Registered annually. West Tamar Council's Registration period follows the financial period with each registration to be renewed by 30 June.

To apply for a Water Carrier Registration, complete the Water Carrier Application Form and return it to Council with the relevant fee. An Environmental Health Officer will then be in contact to arrange an inspection of the vehicle and equipment.

All Water Carriers must obtain written approval from the owner / manager of the water infrastructure from which you are planning on accessing. This is separate to Council Registration.

Further information can be viewed by downloading the Water Carrier pamphlet or by contacting Council's Environmental Health Department at our Riverside office.

The following business is based in the West Tamar municipality and available for Water Cartage:

West Tamar Water - 0484 044 044



Scroll Top