West Tamar Council’s Community Grants Program responds to funding requests for projects displaying evidence of community engagement, involvement and benefit.
Applications open on the 1 July 2022, and close 5pm, 1 May 2023, or until the funding pool is exhausted. Applications will be assessed and funded on a ‘first-in’ basis. Applicants are responsible to ensure that their application is received by council by the closing date and time.
There are two types of grants within the grants program;
Applicants seeking up to $1,000 are not required to contribute to the project financially, but are expected to provide in-kind contributions. Evidence of this is required in your application. For applicants seeking $1,000.00 – $5,000.00, at least 10% of the overall financial cost of the project must be contributed by the applicant, or confirmed by an external funding source (excluding in-kind contributions).
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Community Services Department to provide a brief overview of their project. Please read the guidelines thoroughly prior to submitting your application, and make contact on (03) 6323 9200 should assistance be required.
To request a paper copy of the application form, please email email@example.com or call (03) 6323 9200.
Community Benefit - Describe how the project benefits the West Tamar community. This may include:
- the expected number of people the project directly and indirectly benefits,
- supporting evidence/Demographic data (suggested resource: https://home.id.com.au),
- projected community benefit/outcome,
- how the project aligns with your organisations strategic/business plan.
Project Delivery - Outline how your organisation/community group will be able to undertake and complete the proposed project, including how West Tamar Council will be acknowledged? This may include:
- a summary of the project timeline (recommended),
- a brief overview of the steps involved in your project to demonstrate how it will be completed (tell us your plan),
- site plans,
- photos (if applicable),
- outline the roles/responsibilities of any group members, volunteers, service providers and/or contractors who will be undertaking work on this project. COVID- 19 Safety Plans and WTC Contractor Induction details will need to be provided prior to any works commencing (wtc.tas.gov.au/contractor_inductions)
Community Engagement - Outline clear engagement and partnerships with the community, enabling social connections and community participation. This may include:
- how does the project deliver a social/lifestyle benefit to the community,
- details of how the project is inclusive in its membership and supports the broader community,
- letters of support (copies submitted with the application)
Budget - Detail the items of expenditure that Council funding will be used for. Refer to ‘West Tamar Council Community Grants – Guidelines’ to check funding eligibility.
By signing and submitting this form I declare that the information given in this application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I agree to liaise with Council, should my application be successful, if there are any changes to the project and to submit and acquittal form within six (6) weeks of the project’s completion. Once the project is finalised, it is a requirement that an acquittal form is completed within 6 weeks and no later than Friday 16 June 2023 (where a grant application is approved within 6 weeks of 16 June 2023, the project must still be acquitted and completed no later than the 16 June 2023).
Before you lodge your application, check that you have provided all the required details and documents and check that your budget is accurate and complete.
Website by c9