The Legana Structure Plan is a strategic blueprint for how Legana will grow over the next 20 years, and beyond.
Legana is often cited as being the fastest growing area in Tasmania and will become a major regional centre. The Structure Plan will ensure that Legana remains a great place to live, work and play for the future.
Key aspects of the plan include:
• A revitalised town centre with an improved street layout
• A wider range of commercial activities in the town centre
• A major access boulevard from the town centre to the southern side of Legana.
• Capacity for street closures to host markets and festivals.
• New recreation facilities.
• Space for education sites.
• A river edge park and improved walking tracks.
• More land open for residential development.
The Structure Plan has two parts, one for Legana as a whole, and another for the Town Centre.
The Plans were on public consultation from 11 June to 11 August 2014. 47 submissions were received, which were work shopped with Council to consider the changes that would be required as a result of that process. A report on that consultation process is available here. Legana Structure Plans - report on submissions v2.2 (3.1 MB)
The Structure Plans that Council adopted at its meeting on 21 October 2014 are available here:
Final Legana Local Area Structure Plan after community consultation (23.5 MB)
FINAL Legana Town Centre Report after community consultation (22.5 MB)
All questions and comments should be directed to any of the elected members or Council’s Municipal Planner on 6323 9300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website by c9