Speed Limit Review
The West Tamar Council are undertaking a review of Speed Limits in the municipality.
There are several factors that need to be considered in the review of speed limits, including:
- What the road is used for
- How many people use the road
- Roadside development, such as the number of driveways along a road
- The type and mix of users on the road
- The width and alignment of the road
- Minimising the number of times a speed limit changes in one section of road.
Ultimately the Commissioner for Transport (not a position held by Council) holds the power to make speed limit changes however, Council is responsible to undertake consultation and write a report to present to the Commissioner for consideration.
Feedback was accepted from Thursday 10th August 2023 until Thursday 24th August 2023. Council officers are now preparing a report which will be published here once completed.