Annual Special Rubbish Collection
West Tamar Council runs an annual kerbside collection of items too large for the normal kerbside collection service. This collection is normally held during November each year and residents need to register for this service each year. In September Council will commence advertising the special collection in the Examiner Newspaper, the Beacon Newsletter and through social media.
Examples of items that can be collected include:
• Smaller electrical appliances including televisions, microwaves and desktop computers.
• Cardboard, broken furniture, old garden stakes and short lengths of timber. (Max 1.5 metres)
• Empty paint tins, plastic containers, crates and boxes.
• Soft furnishings, curtains, damaged children’s toys and general household bric-a-brac.
The amount of items per household should not exceed 1.5 cubic metres. Items for collection should be able to be safely lifted and placed on a truck by two people.
Items specifically EXCLUDED - which will NOT be collected:
• Motor vehicle tyres
• Rotting or putrid material
• Rocks, bricks, concrete, soil
• Broken window or plate glass
• Tree branches or green waste
• Gas cylinders, hazardous waste, asbestos or toxic chemicals
• Liquid materials that may leak during disposal such as paint or engine oil
• Motor vehicle batteries, engine blocks or large heavy vehicle components
• Items exceeding 1.5 metres, 40kg, or items that cannot be easily lifted by 2 workers.
To register items to be collected, please fill in and submit the form below when available.
Please allow up to 30 seconds for confirmation of submission and you will see a green confirmation message on the screen.
Council will contact you via email or letter in the first half of November to advise the day of collection.
Please Note: cut off date for registration is 1 November.