What is Planning?
Council regulates the use and development of the land in its municipal area through the administration of the planning approval process. Proposals are assessed against Council's planning scheme and the State's planning legislation, primarily the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 (LUPAA). This Act details the process Council is required to follow. The approval process is primarily concerned with the impact of a proposal on the site and neighbouring land. Some of the issues considered are:
- Will it cause overshadowing or a loss of privacy for neighbours?
- Is it located an appropriate distance from the property boundaries?
- Is the scale and size of the development appropriate for the area?
- Is there adequate car parking?
- Does it create any access or traffic safety issues?
- Are the hours of operation appropriate for the area?
- Are there any environmental constraints that need to be considered?
West Tamar Interim Planning Scheme 2013 - Zones - 25 January 2018.pdf (2.2MB)
West Tamar Interim Planning Scheme 2013 - Codes - 25 January 2018.pdf (2.0MB)
Zone Mapbook 2013 (5.6MB)
Overlay Mapbook 2013 (16.1MB)