Events and Facility Hire


If you are thinking of holding an event in the West Tamar Municipality there are a number of matters to be considered. 

These include:

  • Will your event be held in a public area such as a park or reserve?
  • Will you be required to hire a building or a venue?
  • Will you require road closures?
  • Will you need to erect temporary structures such as marquees?
  • Will you be selling alcohol?
  • Will you be selling food?
  • Will you require first aid at your event?
  • Do you require signage erected?
  • Do you require entertainment?

Depending on the size, location and nature of your event and your response to the above questions there may be a range of approvals, permits and/or licences which you will need to obtain from Council or other regulatory bodies.

To discuss your event and find out more information please contact Council's Community Development Officer on 6323 9200 or email:


Facility Hire

If you are considering hiring one of Council's community facilities or reserves for an event, please contact us or telephone your nearest Council office: 

  • Riverside - 6323 9300
  • Beaconsfield - 6383 6350
  • Windsor Community Precinct - 6323 9200

For Indoor Training Facility Bookings and enquiries please contact the Recreation Officer on 6323 9207 or email:

You may be required to complete a Facilities or Reserves hire form.  Forms are available to download from the following link

Information in relation to applicable Fees and Charges is available at the following link.

Scroll Top