Annual Special Rubbish Collection
West Tamar Council will run an annual kerbside collection of items that are too large for the wheelie bin collection service in the first half of November 2017.
Examples of items that can be collected include:
• Smaller electrical appliances including televisions, microwaves and desktop computers.
• Cardboard, broken furniture, old garden stakes and short lengths of timber. (Max 1.5 metres)
• Empty paint tins, plastic containers, crates and boxes.
• Soft furnishings, curtains, damaged children’s toys and general household bric-a-brac.
Items specifically EXCLUDED - these items will NOT be collected:
• Motor vehicle tyres
• Rotting or putrid material
• Rocks, bricks, concrete, soil
• Broken window or plate glass
• Tree branches or green waste
• Gas cylinders, hazardous waste, asbestos or toxic chemicals
• Liquid materials that may leak during disposal such as paint or engine oil
• Motor vehicle batteries, engine blocks or large heavy vehicle components
• Items exceeding 1.5 metres, 40kg, or items that cannot be easily lifted by 2 workers.
The amount of items per household should not exceed 1.5 cubic metres.
To register to have items collected please fill in and submit the form below.
(Please allow up to 30 seconds for confirmation of submission - you will see a green confirmation message at the bottom of the screen - Please do not press submit multiple times ) Once your form is submitted an Officer from Council will contact you to advise the day of collection.
Please Note: cut off date for Pre-registration is the 31 October 2017